Our home study/distance learning and fully supported Office Manager Diploma accredited by NCFE IIQ is our highest course for those following an Administration career.
The course is suitable for those already working as an Administrator who are looking to gain recognition for their knowledge and skills and develop their skills further to boost confidence and increase job opportunities enabling them to apply for more demanding roles within business including being responsible for a department or office.
The average salary for Office Managers is £30,000 with some jobs exceeding £35,000 in the London area (www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/admin-secretarial-pa/office-manager)
Requesting further information
If you would like to have more detailed information sent from our Course and Careers Adviser you can request:
- Course Prospectus
- Course Programme
- Current Course Fees and Discounts
- Different study and payment options to suit different budgets
- Start dates with availability
- Advice and guidance as you think through your options and if you would like to study with us.
See the Enquiry Form to the left or at the bottom of the page.
If you do decide to enrol after receiving the above information, please email to confirm the course you would like to study, start date and payment/study plan you wish to have. We shall then send you the relevant enrolment form.
Studying and Course length
This is a home study/distance learning course with personal tutor support throughout providing guidance, feedback, individually marked work – similar to a classroom based course but without the need to attend any classes!
You will communicate with your tutors directly through email as well as pre-booked Skype or telephone meetings if requested.
You can study as and when you wish – there are no set time frames to complete your work within other than the overall course time frame. Some weeks you may wish to study more and then less the following week. All very flexible!
You have the choice of studying intensively/fast track (6-8 months), at a regular pace (12-15 months) or a slow pace (18-22 months) to suit your budget, lifestyle and other commitments.
Accreditation – NCFE IIQ
The course is a fully accredited course and upon successful completion you will be awarded the:
IIQ3600 – Office Manager Diploma (Level 3) accredited by NCFE IIQ
Comprising the following individual Diplomas and Certificates:
• IIQ3592 – Professional IT User Diploma (Level 3)
• IIQ3590 – Professional Administration Diploma (Level 3)
• IIQ3593 – Managerial Administration Diploma (Level 4)
• IIQ4063 – Personal Development Skills Certificate (Level 3)
• IIQ4049 – Leadership Skills Certificate (Level 3)
• IIQ3825 – Teeline Shorthand Diploma (Level 3) – Optional
We are an approved NCFE IIQ Centre. NCFE is one of the leading vocational awarding bodies in the UK and is also recognised internationally.
Level 3 is advanced level and Level 4 is degree foundation level and the course has been benchmarked using Ofqual’s QCF level descriptors to allow you to consider the depth of study and level of difficulty involved.
Further information about NCFE Awarding Body and accreditation.
Level 3 – Professional IT User Diploma – Microsoft Office – 7 Modules
• Word – Word Processing
• Excel – Spreadsheets and Charts
• PowerPoint – Electronic Slide Presentations
• Access – Databases
• Outlook – Email and PIM
• Publisher – Desktop Publishing
• Internet research skills
Level 3 – Professional Administration Diploma – 10 Modules
• Managing Business Events
• Managing Business Trips
• Managing Business Meetings
• Reviewing Office Procedures
• Research and Report writing
• HR Recruitment
• Diary Management
• Petty Cash Management
• Business Organisations
• Composing Complex Business Documents
Level 4 – Managerial Administration – 5 Modules
This section of the course develops your skills in managing more senior roles where your leadership skills will be required in particular. Modules include:
• Chairing a Business Meeting
• Delivering Presentations
• Staff Training Reviews
• Legislation Affecting Business Organisations
• Team Leadership
Assessments are carried out in the workplace in real life situations.
Level 3 – Personal Development Skills Certificate – 5 Modules
• Confidence Building and Self Esteem
• Organisational Skills, Stress Management, Ergonomics and Health
• Communication Skills – Body Language, Questioning and Answering Skills, Telephone Techniques
• Relationship and People Management Skills
• Social Media and Networking Skills
Level 3 – Leadership Skills Certificate – 5 Modules
The topics covered here complement the Managerial Administration Diploma and build on your PA skills. The range of skills and knowledge covered in this section will help you fulfil the different managerial roles involved in an Executive Assistant job. Modules include:
• Team Leadership Skills
• Performance Management
• Coaching and Communication
• Managing Projects
• Effective Negotiation
Teeline Shorthand Diploma – 7 Modules – OPTIONAL ADD ON
• Teeline Theory
• Speed tests from 40 wpm to 70 wpm
• Business Correspondence Dictation
• Minutes of Business Meetings