Our specialised home study/distance learning, fully supported Legal Secretary Course accredited by NCFE CQ is designed for those looking to have a career as a Legal Secretary.
The course is suitable for beginners as well as those already working as a Secretary or Administrator who are looking to gain specialist knowledge in legal work.
The course is designed to give you the first step to working in a firm of solicitors as a Legal Secretary enabling your to progress your career to become a Paralegal or Senior Legal Secretary.
The average salary for Legal Secretaries is £25,000 (https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/admin-secretarial-pa/legal-secretary).
Requesting further information
If you would like to have more detailed information sent from our Course and Careers Adviser you can request:
- Course Prospectus and Course Programme
- Current Course Fees and Discounts
- Different study and payment options to suit different budgets
- Start dates with availability
- Advice and guidance as you think through your options and if you would like to study with us.
See the Enquiry Form to the left or at the bottom of the page.
If you do decide to enrol after receiving the above information, please email to confirm the course you would like to study, start date and payment/study plan you wish to have. We shall then send you the relevant enrolment form.
Studying and Course length
This is a home study/distance learning course with personal tutor support throughout providing guidance, feedback, individually marked work – similar to a classroom based course but without the need to attend any classes!
You will communicate with your tutors directly through email as well as pre-booked Skype or telephone meetings if requested.
You can study as and when you wish – there are no set time frames to complete your work within other than the overall course time frame. Some weeks you may wish to study more and then less the following week. All very flexible!
You have the choice of studying intensively/fast track (4-6 months), at a regular pace (7-9 months) or a slow pace (10-12 months) to suit your budget, lifestyle and other commitments.
Accreditation – NCFE CQ
The course is a fully accredited course and upon successful completion you will be awarded the:
CQ10469 – Legal Secretary Certificate (Level 3)
CQ10473 – Personal Development Skills Certificate (Level 3)
We are an approved NCFE CQ Centre. NCFE is one of the leading vocational awarding bodies in the UK and is also recognised internationally.
Level 3 is advanced level and the course has been benchmarked using Ofqual’s QCF level descriptors to allow you to consider the depth of study, and level of difficulty involved.
Further information about NCFE Awarding Body and accreditation.
Legal Administration covering:
- Client Care
- Role of the Legal Secretary
- Different Legal Personnel and their roles
- Different types of legal work
- Access to Legal Advice and Funding
- Court Structure
- Sources of English law
- Email – Outlook
- Personal Information Management (PIM) – Outlook
- Spreadsheets and Charts – Excel
- Internet and Legal Research
- Business Meetings
- Diary Management
Legal Secretarial Units
- Legal Word Processing
- Legal Audio Transcription
- Touch typing and speed development – using our interactive program – Speed Exam
Personal Development Skills Certificate – 5 Units
• Confidence Building and Self Esteem
• Organisational Skills, Stress Management, Ergonomics and Health
• Communication Skills – Body Language, Questioning and Answering Skills, Telephone Techniques
• Relationship and People Management Skills
• Social Media and Networking Skills
Requesting Further Information
Please also see Special Arrangements for Prospective Students. Please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss any specific support you may require.
If you are interested in online PA training of some kind, but feel this course is not quite right for you, check out our other available PA Courses.