Various organisations throughout the UK and abroad get in touch with us from time to time to tell us about relevant job opportunities that would be suitable for our students and visitors. Please apply directly to the organisation for any further information or if you wish to apply.
British Red Cross – London, Head Office – Closing 12 July 2020
You will support the International Law Department with effective administrative and information systems including the monitoring of the departmental budget and support in the preparation of the department’s annual plan and budget.
A key responsibility will be to support in department matters such as use and misuse of the Red Cross emblem and designation; this will involve contact with members of the public as well as with British Red Cross colleagues, and the drafting of correspondence and the undertaking of related research.
Reporting to the Head of International Law, your other important duty will be to provide secretarial support to the British Red Cross delegations to international statutory meetings.
Team Administrator – start as soon as possible
EMEA Corporate Solutions – London W1
Reports To: PA / Lead Administrator – EMEA Corporate Solutions
- To provide comprehensive secretarial support to the team and contribute to its smooth and efficient running
- Reports to the team PA / Lead Administrator
- To work with the PA to the MD and Head of Account Management Operations and provide comprehensive administration support to the team as required.
- To co-ordinate travel arrangements for team members
- To assist the PA with internal and client events
- To book and set up meeting rooms, arrange refreshments and assist with event set up
- To prepare all documents in accordance with Company templates and the style and layout requested by the originator. To prepare documents for binding and collating
- To update and maintain CRM system and excel spread sheets and ensure contact lists are kept up to date.
- To assist new staff with set up of their workstations, key fobs for the office etc.
- To assist with invoicing when required
- To order office supplies
- To maintain all team memberships.
- Attendance to regular meetings with Team, with Manager and others (taking minutes etc.)
Skills and Experience
- Good proficiency in Microsoft office tools (excel, word, outlook) and presentation tools (PowerPoint)
- Must be able to communicate at all levels
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Must possess an eye for detail
- Highest professional standards
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to perceive problems and react quickly to effect solutions
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, who is able to carry out instructions
- Must be proactive and possess a flexible attitude to the workload
To apply send CV and covering email to:
Colliers International|50 George Street | London W1U 7GA | United Kingdom
January 2020 – still open for applicants!
Office Assistant – Residential Property, London
Working as an Office Assistant you’ll provide administrative and secretarial support to our London Residential Property Team. Working as part of a dynamic and fun team, you’ll contribute to providing an outstanding client experience by progressing cases in the most efficient manner.
You’ll support the whole team in the management of their caseloads and all necessary administrative tasks, working closely with the Conveyancing Assistants. It’s essential that you have legal secretarial training and familiarity with case management systems. You’ll assist with the opening of new instructions, financial transactions, checking deeds and notices and preparing related documentation, maintaining accurate and up–to-date records on systems as well as preparing correspondence. You must be able to work with accuracy to undertake general administrative tasks and financial tasks, whilst coordinating with our central services team to ensure that all documents are produced to set timescales.
Given the nature of the role, you’ll be a confident communicator and strong team player, enthusiastic and willing to learn. As part of your role, you may liaise directly with clients as well as fee earners in other teams (including risk and finance teams) to discuss matter administration. You’ll be able to work in an organised and efficient manner to set up client appointments, conference calls and other meetings, as well as also supporting client events as requested.
Ideally, you’ll be working towards a CILEX qualification or a legal secretarial qualification. You must also be able to demonstrate strong administrative, written and numerical skills and be able to work to deadlines, reacting positively to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. If you are interested in developing your conveyancing skills in a friendly and supportive team, we would love to hear from you and can promise you a bright future.
Irwin Mitchell is unlike any other law firm. Nationally acclaimed, with a strong international capability, we offer a broad range of legal services to national and international organisations and institutions, small and medium-sized businesses and private individuals.
The firm was founded in 1912 by Walter Irwin Mitchell. With a concentration on criminal law, he aimed to provide the highest quality legal services to the general public from his small legal practice in Sheffield.
Today, Irwin Mitchell is the 11th largest law firm in the UK with one of the five largest Private Wealth teams in the country, operating out of 15 UK offices including a consulting office in Middlesbrough.
We currently employ over 2,500 members of staff, including over 1,000 legally trained personnel and have helped over one million clients in our 100 year history.”
In terms of applications, please could you direct the candidates to apply via the website: https://careers.irwinmitchell.com/jobs/vacancy/junior-conveyancing-assistant-1092/1107/description/ however if they have any queries, please ask them to contact either Sophie Mawdsley (email@example.com) or Emma Panton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications is 27 March 2020.