Our Executive Secretary Diploma NCFE CQ is our most popular course for those looking to have a career as a Secretary.
The course is suitable for beginners starting off their professional career, as well as those already working as a Secretary/Administrator who are looking to gain recognition for their knowledge and skills and develop their skills further to boost confidence and increase job opportunities.
The Executive Secretary Diploma is particularly popular with our international students outside Europe where English is not their first language as the course provides extensive training without being too demanding in written English.
Executive Secretary Diploma
The course has 4 key sections:
• IT/Computer Skills covering Microsoft Office
• Professional Business Documents
• Personal Skills Development
The average salary for secretaries in the UK is £27,000 (www.reed.co.uk/average-salary/admin-secretarial-pa/team-secretary).
[expand title=”Accreditation – NCFE IIQ”]
Upon successful completion you will be awarded the:
IIQ3776 – Executive Secretary Diploma (Level 2)
We are an approved NCFE IIQ Centre. NCFE is one of the leading vocational awarding bodies in the UK and is also recognised internationally. Level 2 is intermediate level and the course has been benchmarked using Ofqual’s QCF level descriptors to allow you to consider the depth of study and level of difficulty involved.
Further information about NCFE Awarding Body.
[expand title=”Course Content”]
IT/Computer Skills – 7 Modules
This section of the course will develop your IT skills to an intermediate level covering Microsoft Office.
• Word – Word Processing
• Excel – Spreadsheets and Charts
• PowerPoint – Electronic Slide Presentations
• Access – Databases
• Outlook – Email and PIM
• Publisher – Desktop Publishing
• Internet and Web Research
Administration – 9 Modules
These modules will develop your ability to manage a range of administrative tasks required in an Executive Secretarial role. You will develop your underpinning knowledge including professional procedures for specific administrative roles.
• Supporting Business Events
• Supporting Business Trips
• Supporting Business Meetings
• Supporting HR Recruitment
• Supporting Diary Management
• Supporting Petty Cash
• Composing Business Documents
• Role of the Secretary
• Using Office Equipment
Business Documents – 6 Modules
This section of the course will develop your skills to produce a range of business documents to a professional standard focusing on production rate and ability to follow instructions, design and layout. You will be applying Word features to streamline production and design of different business documents.
• Touch typing and speed development – using our interactive program – Speed Exam
• Business letters
• Producing and Editing multi-page reports
• Audio Transcription
• Mail Merge
Level 2 Personal Skills Development – 5 Modules
The topics covered in this section are all about helping you to cope with the role of an Executive Secretary and they link in particular with the administration section of the course. They are also designed to help you with developing you as a person and your career opportunities.
• Confidence Building and Self Esteem
• Organisational Skills, Stress Management, Ergonomics and Health
• Communication Skills – Body Language, Questioning and Answering Skills, Telephone Techniques
• Relationship and People Management Skills
• Social Media and Networking Skills
[expand title=”Studying With Us”]
This is a home study/distance learning course and you can complete the whole course at home including Assessments. There is no need to attend an exam centre or visit Lewis College.
You will have one to one tuition throughout the course, corresponding with your personal tutors through email. We provide optional phone or Skype calls at different stages as you progress through your course.
You will also have a Course Mentor who is there to provide additional support as and when required.
For further details please visit our How We Teach page.
[expand title=”Different Study and Payment Plans”]
As a guide, if you studied between 5-7 hours per week, you could expect to complete this course within 15 months. However, we have a range of study and payment plans so you can study at a faster pace, or alternatively, you can reduce the weekly hours and study at a slower pace that suits you.
We offer a range of different payment plans to support this flexibility;
• Pay in full – Study as quickly as you wish
• Pay in two halves – study and complete the course within 9 months
• Pay in four payments – complete within 12 months
• Pay by monthly subscription – no finance agreement and you can pause the course for up to 6 months providing flexibility – studying over 18 months
• Modular payment – pay for each module at a pace that suits you
Further details about our range of different study and payment plans are available upon request.
The course is open for 18 months for all students.
Requesting Further Information
Would you like the Executive Secretary Diploma Prospectus, Course Programme and details of our range of Study and Payment Plans?
Please use the form below or email email@example.com. Please add any details about your career so far if you would like some careers advice and guidance.
Please also see Special Arrangements for Prospective Students. Please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss any specific support you may require.